AIP Nachos

    Now for something a little lighter   Lets talk food.  Now that my appetite is back I'm all about eating. One of my favorite meals lately is nachos. It has taken me a while to learn how to make nachos that are AIP compliant but here goes:

One serving nachos:
Artisan Tropic Cassava Strips, you could also use plantain chips and I think some of the Seite chips may be AIP compliant.
For the cheese sauce
1/8 cup cassava flour
1/8 cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
enough water to make a thick paste
stir all ingredients in a small bowl

Place chips on oven safe pan.  Pour cheese sauce on top.  Cover with whatever meat(s) you want. My favorite is ground beef with homemade taco seasoning.  Pour any remaining cheese on top.  Cook at 400 degrees for 8 minutes.  Remove from the oven and cover with all the vegetables.  I also like to top mine with a little unsweetened coconut yogurt.  Enjoy and let me know below what your favorite nacho toppings are.

Comments

  1. Do you find AIP brings back sense of taste,? I have no taste at all,nor sense of smell due to the sjogrens,it drives me mad and I'd love to regain them
    Also the dryness makes anything like nachos hard to chew and swallow. Do you have pilocarpine or anything to help the mouth dryness? Thanks for your posts, great food for thought!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoimmune PTSD

Renewed