Renewed

 

"... but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."  Isaiah 40:31




  A renewal deserved a new blog that I actually started well over a year ago.   It encompasses two of my passions massage and nutrition.  After my world has been turned upside down this past year and a half I want this to be so much more than just massage and nutrition.  I also want to focus on the three aspects of healing: body, mind and spirit.  As I have learned one can't be healed without the other two being healed too.  I am still a work in progress and always will be but I cling to the promise found in Philippians 1:6, " And I am sure this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ".
    Here is a brief overview of the past year and half.  On June 1st 2015 I woke in pain and with a fever.  I finally ended up in the ER diagnosed with a burst ovarian cyst.  The pain eventually got better but what has never gotten better is the fever.  For a year and a half now I have had a low grade fever.  I have had to quit work.  I have seen 10 different doctors, some helpful and caring others not so much.  I have days were I can barely get out of bed, there are other days I can function and do the basics in life.  I've days of depression and days of begging God to take me home.  Other days I'm able to find joy and humor in the days.  I have given up hope and felt no purpose in life.  I do long to go back to work as a massage therapist one day.  Recently I have been convicted to not give up hope and that even in the dark there is hope.  I have decided to restart the blog but in a new way.  For years I've wanted to address the mind, body and spirit aspect of healing but from a Christian perspective.  When I first got sick with autoimmunity I kept hearing from well meaning Christian friends that we live in a fallen world so this is part of living on earth.  I struggled with this reasoning. There is so much more to suffering.  God has a bigger purpose to our suffering.  If we stick with the reasoning of living in a fallen world as the reason to our suffering then Satan wins.  If we keep our hope on Christ and know that there is more to our story then Christ wins.  I don't want this to be a place of arguing theology but a place of healing for everyone, Christians and people of other faiths or no faith too.  I just want to share my journey and what I am learning in this crazy life on earth.  I want to hear your stories, for us to laugh together, cry together, share recipes, talk about sex and anything else that we feel led to share.

Comments

  1. How can you come to terms with having Sjogrens? It is such a cruel orphan disease,no treatment,constant deterioration,very great uncertainty all of which is a vicious cycle.it happens so quickly,from health to dreadful sickness... I'm trying to find hope....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoimmune PTSD

AIP Nachos